libgcj/88
Tom Tromey
tromey@cygnus.com
Fri Nov 5 08:16:00 GMT 1999
The following reply was made to PR libgcj/88; it has been noted by GNATS.
From: Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com>
To: Pu Huang <pu@andrew.cmu.edu>
Cc: Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com>,
Java Gnats Server <java-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com>
Subject: Re: libgcj/88
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 08:07:29 -0800 (PST)
Please CC java-gnats in replies, as I have done, so the content can be
logged. Thanks.
>>>>> "Paul" == Pu Huang <pu@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:
Paul> + [ -r libgcj-2.95.1/configure.in ]
Paul> + echo *** Can't find configure.in. Try using --srcdir=some_dir
Paul> *** Can't find configure.in. Try using --srcdir=some_dir
This strongly supports my theory that configure.in is not readable.
You said the directory was readable, but you didn't mention this file.
Try this (from sh)
cd <build-directory>
test -r <srcdir>/configure.in || echo "no"
If it prints "no", then either the file is unreadable, or your "test"
program is broken. If the latter, you will have to fix it, since it
is widely assumed that this program is not broken.
Paul> I suspect "+ /bin/sh libgcj-2.95.1/config.sub sun4"
Paul> when I run this command alone, it output: sparc-sun-sunos4.1.1
Paul> but I am using pc linux, not sun sparc
Ignore that line. configure runs config.sub that way to make sure it
works.
Tom
More information about the Java-prs
mailing list