libgcj/29: Testsuite fails - can't find javac

David.Billinghurst@riotinto.com.au David.Billinghurst@riotinto.com.au
Wed Aug 11 16:20:00 GMT 1999


>Number:         29
>Category:       libgcj
>Synopsis:       Testsuite fails - can't find javac
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Priority:       medium
>Responsible:    tromey
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Aug 11 16:20:01 PDT 1999
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     David Billinghurst
>Release:        libgcj-2.95
>Organization:
>Environment:
mips-sgi-irix6.5
gcc-2.95
libgcj-2.95
>Description:
Now a "make check" complains about "javac not found"

Tom Tromey [tromey@cygnus.com] tells me

The test suite currently relies on finding javac. This is lame; instead it should run against both "javac" and "gcj -C", and skip javac if not found.

I'm afraid I don't have the time to hack on it right now.
Changing javac in your copy of the test suite will probably work, but offhand I don't recall what you should change it to.  You'd have to dig around in the test framework a bit.



>How-To-Repeat:
/path_to_src/configure --disable-multilib
make
make check
>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:


More information about the Java-prs mailing list