Stage 4 date

Jakub Jelinek jakub@redhat.com
Sun Jan 7 22:22:04 GMT 2024

On Sun, Jan 07, 2024 at 03:12:32PM -0700, Jeff Law via Gcc wrote:
> On 1/7/24 08:48, waffl3x via Gcc wrote:
> > https://gcc.gnu.org/develop.html#timeline
> > The date for stage 4 is listed as the 8th on here, is that date final?
> > There is at least 1 patch pending (mine) that is complete but Jason
> > Merril hasn't been active for a few days. He had expressed to me that
> > he expected the date to be next week on the 14th. Is it possible to
> > push back the date for stage 4 a little bit? I've been working hard on
> > my patch and would be very disappointed if it did not make it in for
> > GCC14.

> Note there is generally allowances made for patches that were posted before
> the deadline, but are still going through the review/iterate process.

Also, not really sure why the stage 4 start is relevant to this patch,
it is a new feature, not a bug fix, which admittedly had some versions
posted already during stage 1, so if Jason accepts it soon I have no problem
with it getting in (in fact I'd appreciate if it got in soon), but end of
stage 3 is deadline for patches which are fixing bugs but not regression bugs.

	Jakub