More C type errors by default for GCC 14

Dave Blanchard dave@killthe.net
Tue May 9 15:22:01 GMT 2023

On Tue, 9 May 2023 16:14:28 +0100
Jonathan Wakely via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> This isn't "be like Clang", this is "diagnose things that have been
> invalid C since 1999".

And in the process, break half of my system, and make it even more of a pain in the ass to compile old software. With no real gain or benefit whatsoever. To hell with that bullshit.

> Accepting invalid code by default is a disservice to users. Those who
> need to compile invalid C code can use an extra option to allow it,
> the default should be to tell users their code is doing something bad.

The default ALREADY IS to tell users their code is doing something bad. It's called a "warning." Hello?

--
Dave Blanchard <dave@killthe.net>