m68k Coldfire and PC-relative addressing distances

Joseph Myers joseph@codesourcery.com
Wed Jul 19 18:36:00 GMT 2023

On Tue, 11 Jul 2023, Florian Weimer via Gcc wrote:

> * Richard Biener:
>
> > On Tue, Jul 11, 2023 at 11:36 AM Florian Weimer via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> How does the Coldfire m68k subtarget and sure that displacements in PIC
> >> code are within the addressable range?
> >
> > There is usually a branch shortening pass relying on correct
> > instruction lengths.
> >
> > I suggest to file a bugreport with preprocessed sources as testcase.
>
> Fair enough, I filed PR110627.

I think this is technically a regression that appeared around 23 May
(although almost surely really a latent bug that simply got reintroduced
on that code by some other changes at that time in the compiler - this
sort of error has come and gone before).

https://sourceware.org/pipermail/libc-testresults/2023q2/011304.html

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com