[GSoC][Static Analyzer] Some questions and request for a small patch to work on

Iain Sandoe idsandoe@googlemail.com
Mon Feb 27 13:45:33 GMT 2023

Hi Shengyu

> On 27 Feb 2023, at 13:35, Shengyu Huang via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> Sorry for the late reply. I just built gcc-12-2 on my machine with bootstrap and it worked.

great,

> However, maybe due to some missing configuration, building without bootstrap does not work on my machine (development branch or gcc-12-2). Specifically, my configuration is as follows.
>
> ```
> $HOME/dropbox/projects/gcc-darwin-arm64/configure --disable-bootstrap --with-sysroot=/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX13.sdk --prefix=$PWD
> ```

Please file an issue against the branch on github (since this is a development branch it’s not appropriate to use the GCC bugzilla yet).

I think that there is at least one known issue with non-bootstrap builds (to do with flags not recognised by clang) but not sure, yet, if this is the same case.

In general, if you want to build without boostrapping [as is often the case with development] then the best thing to do is to bootstrap a recent compiler [or the unmodified sources] and then use that GCC as your build compiler (this ensures you have compatible flags and builtins).

thanks
Iain