A lot of additional testsuite failures when bootstrapping with "--with-arch=native --with-tune=native" on AMD Threadripper

Richard Biener richard.guenther@gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 10:57:16 GMT 2023

On Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 11:03 AM Rainer Emrich
<rainer@emrich-ebersheim.de> wrote:

> I did some optimization testing by bootstrapping with "--with-arch=native --with-tune=native"
> on an AMD Threadripper system, that's "znver2".

I'm not sure that's really supported, it appears to be not resolved at
configure time at least.

> I got a lot of additional testsuite failures especially in the jit testsuite.

Are you doing an LTO bootstrap?  Please quote the full configure and
make commands.
Does it work when you don't enable jit?