GCC and OpenACC

Mikel Mendizabal mikel.mendizabal.morentin@desy.de
Wed Jan 12 10:01:10 GMT 2022

Dear Richard,

Thanks a lot for the fast response. Here I send you a self contained example. I took it from openACC tutorial in [1]. I modified the code and added a dummy vector of size 1, lines 140-160 in the attached file (jsolvef_mikel.F90). The dummy vector (residual_v)  is the array form of the variable residual.

If the reduction clause (line 142) is commented both residual and residual_v give the same result. If in the reduction clause residual_v is given a compilation error appears, that the reduction clause does not support this variable datatype. In [2] I added the OpenACC 3.1 documentation. In section 1.12 the changes from v2.6 to v2.7 are described. More precisely, in line 612-613 the next is quoted:

"Arrays, subarrays and composite variables are now allowed in reduction clauses; see Sections 2.9.11 reduction clause and 2.5.14 reduction clause.”
I hope I could explain myself properly!
Thanks a lot :)

Mikel Mendizabal

[1] https://github.com/OpenACCUserGroup/openacc-users-group/blob/master/Contributed_Sample_Codes/Tutorial1/solver/jsolvef.F90 <https://github.com/OpenACCUserGroup/openacc-users-group/blob/master/Contributed_Sample_Codes/Tutorial1/solver/jsolvef.F90>
[2] https://www.openacc.org/sites/default/files/inline-images/Specification/OpenACC-3.1-final.pdf <https://www.openacc.org/sites/default/files/inline-images/Specification/OpenACC-3.1-final.pdf>