Why is there no libatomic default implementation using gthr.h?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber@embedded-brains.de
Mon Dec 19 12:45:00 GMT 2022

On 19/12/2022 13:41, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>> 3. Use gthr as the default implementation of libatomic.
> I have no objection to doing this, but I don't see why you need to
> touch libstdc++ to do it. Just make libatomic create its own copy of
> gthr.h (if a fallback gthreads-based implementation is actually
> needed) and compile that locally in the libatomic build dir. That
> shouldn't need changes to libgcc or libstdc++, should it?

Yes, this would also work. I can probably duplicate the gthr
configure/Makefile stuff from libstdc++ for this.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER

Registergericht: Amtsgericht München