Re: Naming flag for specifying the output file name for Binary Module Interface files

chuanqi.xcq yedeng.yd@linux.alibaba.com
Thu Dec 15 05:58:45 GMT 2022

Hi Nathan,
> But how do they specify the mapping from module/header-unit name to CMI, so that
> imports work?
>
> Is this really a clang-specific mechanism, as it has no module mapper ATM (IIUC)?
Yes, clang doesn't have a module mapper. And I remember Iain said he want to introduce these options in GCC.
Thanks,
Chuanqi
From:Nathan Sidwell <nathan@acm.org>
Send Time:2022年12月15日(星期四) 06:29
To:David Blaikie <dblaikie@gmail.com>; chuanqi.xcq <yedeng.yd@linux.alibaba.com>
Cc:Iain Sandoe <iain@sandoe.co.uk>; GCC Development <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>; Nathan Sidwell <nathanmsidwell@gmail.com>; Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com>; ben.boeckel <ben.boeckel@kitware.com>
Subject:Re: Naming flag for specifying the output file name for Binary Module Interface files
I'm missing something from this discussion. IIUC the claim is that these 2 new
options -fmodule-output{,=NAME} are for build systems that want to specify the
module output file.
But how do they specify the mapping from module/header-unit name to CMI, so that
imports work?
Is this really a clang-specific mechanism, as it has no module mapper ATM (IIUC)?
nathan
--
Nathan Sidwell