[PATCH] Various pages: SYNOPSIS: Use VLA syntax in function parameters
Martin Uecker
muecker@gwdg.de
Sat Dec 3 21:15:06 GMT 2022
Am Samstag, dem 03.12.2022 um 22:03 +0100 schrieb Alejandro Colomar:
...
> Since we've seen that using a '.' prefix seems to be problematic
> because of lookahead, and recently Michael Matz proposed using a
> different punctuator (he proposed '@') for differentiating parameters
> from struct members, I think going in that direction may be a good
> idea.
>
> How about '$'?
I don't see how the lookahead issue has anything to do with the choice
of the symbol. Here, also with the context would fully disambiguate
between other uses so I do not think there is any issue with using this
syntax. '$' is much more problematic as people use it in identifiers,
'@' may cause confusion with objective C.
Martin
More information about the Gcc
mailing list