libgfortran.so SONAME and powerpc64le-linux ABI changes

Joseph Myers joseph@codesourcery.com
Mon Oct 18 19:02:07 GMT 2021

On Fri, 15 Oct 2021, Bill Schmidt via Gcc wrote:

> Beyond ABI and compiler support, glibc would also need to support IEEE
> QP for these other targets.  Currently we only have support for
> powerpc64le.

And that would involve new syntax in glibc Versions files, as discussed in
<https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc/2021-October/237510.html>, to give the
binary128 versions of certain functions (functions added after the initial
_Float128 support was added to glibc but before it gets added for these
other ABIs) the right symbol version.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com