[TCWG CI] 471.omnetpp slowed down by 8% after gcc: Avoid invalid loop transformations in jump threading registry.

Maxim Kuvyrkov maxim.kuvyrkov@linaro.org
Mon Oct 11 11:05:22 GMT 2021

> On 8 Oct 2021, at 13:22, Martin Jambor <mjambor@suse.cz> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Oct 01 2021, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
>> On Wed, 29 Sep 2021, Maxim Kuvyrkov via Gcc wrote:
>>> Configurations that track master branches have 3-day intervals.
>>> Configurations that track release branches — 6 days.  If a regression is
>>> detected it is narrowed down to component first — binutils, gcc or glibc
>>> — and then the commit range of the component is bisected down to a
>>> specific commit.  All.  Done.  Automatically.
>>>
>>> I will make a presentation on this CI at the next GNU Tools Cauldron.
>>
>> Yes, please! :-)
>>
>> On Fri, 1 Oct 2021, Maxim Kuvyrkov via Gcc wrote:
>>> It’s our next big improvement — to provide a dashboard with current
>>> performance numbers and historical stats.
>>
>> Awesome. And then we can even link from gcc.gnu.org.
>>

> You all are aware of the openSUSE LNT periodic SPEC benchmarker, right?
> Martin may explain better how to move around it, but the two most
> interesting result pages are:
>
> - https://lnt.opensuse.org/db_default/v4/SPEC/latest_runs_report and
> - https://lnt.opensuse.org/db_default/v4/SPEC/spec_report/branch

Hi Martin,

The novel part of TCWG CI is that it bisects “regressions” down to a single commit, thus pin-pointing the interesting commit, and can send out notifications to patch authors.

We do generate a fair number of benchmarking data for AArch64 and AArch32, and I want to have them plotted somewhere.  I have started to put together an LNT instance to do that, but after a couple of days I couldn't figure out the setup.  Could you share the configuration of your LNT instance?  Or, perhaps, make it open to the community so that others can upload the results?

Thanks,

--
Maxim Kuvyrkov
https://www.linaro.org