libgfortran.so SONAME and powerpc64le-linux ABI changes

Andreas Schwab schwab@linux-m68k.org
Sat Oct 9 07:44:26 GMT 2021

On Okt 09 2021, Thomas Koenig via Fortran wrote:

> There is no choice - we need to make object code compiled by the user
> incompatible between the old and the new format on the systems where
> we make the switch.

If you link, but not recompile, object files compiled against different
versions of glibc, you are in for surprises, too.  This isn't something
new.  There is no guarantee of API stability.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 7578 EB47 D4E5 4D69 2510  2552 DF73 E780 A9DA AEC1