Having trouble getting my school to sign the copyright disclaimer

David Edelsohn dje.gcc@gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 15:32:43 GMT 2021

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 11:28 AM PKU via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I’m trying to get my school to sign the copyright disclaimer. Unfortunately the officials are reluctant to do that. Can anyone suggest what to do next?
>
> They claim that university owns copyright to my code if I wrote it for a school-related research project. However, since I’m an undergraduate and thus do not have an advisor, nobody in the campus knows me well enough to prove that it’s not the case. They do promise(verbally) that they won’t interfere if I’m working on my own.
>
> Is there a way to get around that? Any suggestion is appreciated.

Will the university sign a copyright assignment?

Also, you seem to be in China.  It's the people's code.  Ask the
university why they are claiming ownership to something that belongs
to the people.

Thanks, David