Remove RMS from the GCC Steering Committee

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 08:20:30 GMT 2021

On Tue, 30 Mar 2021, 02:34 Christopher Dimech via Gcc, <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>
wrote:

> Insofar as Stallman is the foundation of all authority, He exercises that
> foundation because He is the founder of His own work.  He is the foundation
> upon which all other authority stands or falls. We use the term foundation
> with respect to the imagery of a building - houses and commercial buildings
> are erected upon a foundation.

Read the Four Freedoms at gnu.org. Nothing in the definitions of free
software requires us to obey the founder. You are a cultist who understands
nothing about free software and contributes nothing to it either.