Remove RMS from the GCC Steering Committee

Alexandre Oliva oliva@gnu.org
Sun Mar 28 14:50:09 GMT 2021

Hello, Siddhesh,

Thanks for clarifying your understanding of Nathan's goal.

I may indeed have misread and mistaken Nathan's goal and means.

I thought the goal was to improve the GCC community by addressing the
gender imbalance, and that the means (misguided, IMHO) was to distance
ourselves from RMS.

Your assertiveness came across to me as a correction of my mistake, but
I didn't see any reason to prefer your understanding over mine, until
Nathan posted today's followup.

Now it looks like you were right, but I still find that a little hard to
believe.  Are you really sure about your understanding?

Do you know for a fact that Nathan agrees with your understanding?

Do you know with certainty of anyone else who shares that understanding
with you and him?

--
Alexandre Oliva, happy hacker  https://FSFLA.org/blogs/lxo/
   Free Software Activist         GNU Toolchain Engineer