GSoC

Isitha Subasinghe subasingheisitha@gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 08:03:55 GMT 2021

To whom it may concern,

I am a student interested in participating in GSoC this year. After having
a look at some of the available PL projects, gccrs caught my attention. I
love Rust and have an interest in exploring more about type theory and
automatic garbage collection.

My background is that I am a Masters's student at the University of
Melbourne in Australia, I have undertaken a graduate-level compiler class
where we implemented a stack-based compiler in Haskell.

I am quite interested in working on the static analysis project but wanted
feedback to iron out and address my proposal before I submit it.

I am quite confident in my C/C++ skills but somewhat unsure about the level
of knowledge of static analysis that I would need. Unfortunately, I am yet
to take any classes in this particular subfield but I am absolutely happy
to learn on my own time and have purchased the book Principles of Program
Analysis to assist with this matter.

Also, I did want to notify you that I would be available for less than the
entire coding duration of GSoC due to university commitments.
Unfortunately, my exams overlap with GSoC, and it is hard to compromise on
University studies since I am hoping to do a PhD in PL after the completion
of my master's. I would be absolutely happy to make up this time at the end
of the year where I have a 3-month break.

Best Regards,
Isitha