Reg. Assistance in development of code for OS

rdos@rdos.net rdos@rdos.net
Thu Mar 4 09:00:32 GMT 2021

Hello,

My OS project has a very long history (I started with it in 1988) and it
is running on 1000s of installations. Thus, it's a pretty mature
project. Doing something meaningful on the kernel side requires a lot of
knowledge of how it operates, and I'm afraid there is no more
documentation than what is on my homepage (http://www.rdos.net/rdos),
and you would need to read the source code for the rest. Also, most of
the kernel code is in x86 assembler using segmentation. Still, I could
of course give you advice on things. Note that this is not an academic
project, rather started as a hobby project and now is part of commercial
software. It's not Posix or Unix-like, nor Windows-like, rather was
designed from scratch.

The only project idea I currently have is to move the file system
drivers to a new operational model which I discussed here:
https://forum.osdev.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=40928

Regards,
Leif Ekblad

---