Build failure due to format-truncation

José Rui Faustino de Sousa jrfsousa@gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 00:26:20 GMT 2021

On 16/06/21 20:37, Martin Sebor wrote:
> I don't really think the warning is doing
> anything wrong

I completely agree. I am not complaining about the warning, I am
complaining that there is code in gcc which raises this warning and
breaks the build.

I was assuming that this was being triggered by some option that I was
using but, on further investigation, the -Wformat-truncation flag is
being set by -Wall which AFAICT is set by the build process itself...

So this is starting to look like something that really should be
fixed... What bugs me is why it seems that I was the only one who noticed...

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
José Rui