GCC trunk commit a325bdd195ee96f826b208c3afb9bed2ec077e12

Uros Bizjak ubizjak@gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 18:32:42 GMT 2021

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 6:08 PM Liu Hao <lh_mouse@126.com> wrote:

> 在 2021-06-16 23:22, Jonathan Wakely via Gcc 写道:
> >> Is there someone who an dig into the commit below
> >> and try to find out how the author field was incorrectly set?
> >
> > That gets set when the local commit is done, before pushing it to the
> > server. I don't think there's any way to find out how/why that
> > happened after the fact.
> >
> > You did author the commit before the commit before that one, and they
> > have identical author dates:
> >

> It looks like Uroš was on 00d07ec6e12, committed his changes mistakenly with `git commit --amend`
> (which changed the commit message but did not reset the author), then rebased the modified commit
> onto ee52bf609bac. Git is smart enough to drop duplicate changes, but the leftovers formed a new
> commit, which was exactly a325bdd195e.

Indeed, IIRC - contrib/gcc_update failed due to the unresolved merge,
and I changed my commit with --amend. There were some issues, but I
was under the impression that I fixed them. It looks like I forgot
something, so the result is the commit with wrong author attribution.

Perhaps a notice in the documentation should be added what to do if
contrib/gcc_update fails, or perhaps this script should be made more
robust.

Sorry for the unintended inconvenience,
Uros.