Update to GCC copyright assignment policy
Giacomo Tesio
giacomo@tesio.it
Mon Jun 7 17:36:42 GMT 2021
Hi NightStrike,
On June 7, 2021 5:18:13 PM UTC, NightStrike wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 7, 2021, 06:12 Giacomo Tesio wrote:
>
> > The Steering Committee can avoid all of this, now.
> > I cannot really understand why they shouldn't.
> >
>
> Likely because the primary contributor to c++ has said he will stop
> contributing unless the change is made.
Even so I guess he would have no issues to delay the policy change after
the next major release.
Nor to stick with the previous policy for fixes backported to the other versions.
I mean, I do not know what's his goal, but I guess he doesn't intend to blackmail
the Steering Committee and the whole GCC users community to achieve it.
Note that I have no idea about who we are talking about, but lilely about
a reasonable professionist.
Or maybe we are talking about the dictact of a corporation?
In such case the issue would become way more risky.
Giacomo
More information about the Gcc
mailing list