where is PRnnnn required again?
David Malcolm
dmalcolm@redhat.com
Wed Jul 7 23:03:27 GMT 2021
On Wed, 2021-07-07 at 16:58 -0600, Martin Sebor via Gcc wrote:
> On 7/7/21 4:24 PM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> >
> >
> > On Wed, 7 Jul 2021, 23:18 Martin Sebor, <msebor@gmail.com
> > <mailto:msebor@gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> > On 7/7/21 3:53 PM, Marek Polacek wrote:
> > > I'm not sure why you keep hitting so many issues; git addlog
> > takes care of
> > > this stuff for me and I've had no trouble pushing my
> > patches. Is
> > there
> > > a reason you don't use it also?
> >
> > I probably have a completely different workflow. Git addlog
> > isn't
> > a git command (is it some sort of a GCC extension?), and what I
> > put
> > in the subject of my emails is almost never the same thing as
> > what
> > I put in the commit message.
> >
> >
> > Why not? Why is it useful to write two different explanations of
> > the patch?
>
> Sometimes, maybe. I don't really think about it too much. I'm not
> the only one who does it. But what bearing does what we put in
> the subject of our patch submissions have on this discussion?
FWIW if you use a different subject line for the email as for commit
message, it makes it harder to find discussion about the patch in the
list archives.
> You may have one way of doing things and others another. Yours may
> even be better/more streamlined, I don't know. That doesn't mean
> our tooling should make things more difficult for the the rest of us.
>
> Martin
>
More information about the Gcc
mailing list