How to dump_decl_name to a string instead to a file?
Richard Biener
richard.guenther@gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 09:28:08 GMT 2021
On Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 9:40 AM Erick Ochoa via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have a function that looks at identifiers of formal parameters. I
> found that when I ran this function on larger projects, the compiler
> segfaulted. I looked into this and I found that there are some formal
> parameters which have NULL in their DECL_NAME and that triggered a
> NULL dereference.
>
> I also noticed that these parameters when printed with
> dump_function_to_file were displayed using their DECL_UIDs. Digging a
> little bit deeper, the function responsible for printing parameters
> names is dump_decl_name. However, I am interested not in printing the
> names but having them as strings.
>
> I noticed that dump_decl_name takes a pretty_printer argument. Is it
> possible to somehow pass a pretty_printer and get the string instead
> of printing it?
You can look at its buffer I think.
Richard.
> Thanks!
More information about the Gcc
mailing list