GCC 8.5 Status Report (2021-04-23)

Jakub Jelinek jakub@redhat.com
Fri Apr 23 11:55:11 GMT 2021

Status
======

GCC 8.5 release and closing of the 8 branch is several months overdue,
we don't have enough time to maintain trunk and 4 supported release branches.
Therefore, I'd like to do 8.5-rc1 on 7th of May and release 8.5 and close
the branch a week after that.
We have one P1 bug though - P98358 - it is unclear if just changing the
testcase is all that is needed or if some C++ FE changes are needed.
If anyone has anything to backport to 8.5, please do so in the upcoming 2
weeks.  Thanks.

Quality Data
============

Priority          #   Change from last report
P1                1
P2              287   +  28
P3               32   -   2
P4              152   -   3