removing toxic emailers

Christopher Dimech dimech@gmx.com
Sat Apr 17 13:57:03 GMT 2021

> Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 9:09 PM
> From: "Gerald Pfeifer" <gerald@pfeifer.com>
> To: "Frosku" <frosku@frosku.com>
> Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
> Subject: Re: removing toxic emailers
>
> On Fri, 16 Apr 2021, Frosku wrote:
> > In my view, if people employed by a small number of American companies
> > succeed in disassociating GCC from GNU/FSF, which is representative of
> > the free software grassroots community
>
> I find this insistant focus by some on "American companies"
> interesting - and quite pointless. And my passport is burgundy.
>
> It also is a completely unwarranted attack on the integrity of the
> maintainers, contributors, and other leaders of GCC. Regardless of
> the color of their passports.

> Personally I care about quality of what we ship, supporting our
> users, and upholding the principles of free software/open source.
> And I am willing to bet this applies to the vast majority of us.
>
> So please stop those unfounded allegations.
>
> Gerald
>
> PS: Our release managers, for example, are British (Joseph), Czech
> (Jakub), and German (Richi), IIRC.  The majority of the FSF board,
> FSF leadership, and RMS himself are American from what I can tell.

It all depends on the quality of the people running it and in it.
RMS is certainly top quality considering he got so many minds to
start thinking straight about how software is developed and used.
Nation is just an idea.  The idea of nation is made because of
sameness, of race, religion, ethnicity, ideologies, languages.

The free software movement is in defiance of all those things.
A total defiance of the sameness.  Many people in our community
have still to figure out *how to be* in our community.  Many
are getting it wrong.  And it shows.