GCC association with the FSF

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 21:45:24 GMT 2021

On Sat, 10 Apr 2021, 21:10 Alexandre Oliva via Gcc, <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> On Apr 10, 2021, Bronek Kozicki via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:
>
> > It is called "actions have consequences".
>
> FTR, what consequences do you believe would be adequate for such actions
> as spreading difamatory rumors about an innocent person?
>
> I ask because some of the people campaigning against RMS have already
> disclaimed the false accusations in the hateful letter, but others keep
> on resorting to them as if they were true and relevant.

The subject of this thread was *supposed* to have changed to be about GNU
and the FSF and whether it benefits GCC to be linked to them, not about RMS.

The fact that some people insist on seeing that question as another attack
on RMS is not helpful, and is part of the problem with being linked to the
cult of GNU. We can't question whether FSF benefits GCC without being
reminded that RMS started the project, and so he must be involved.

I still can't find where in the four freedoms it says anything about
venerating the project leader.