GCC association with the FSF

Richard Kenner kenner@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu
Thu Apr 8 11:56:14 GMT 2021

>      Having one guy at the top from whom all power flows.
>
> Power does not "flow" from RMS.  Since you have used a political analogy:
> I think it is more akin to a constitutional monarchy.

I think it's like the Queen of England.  As a British person I used to
know said: "The Queen of England has the power to veto anything passed by
the Parliament in any Commonwealth country until she actually does it; at
that point she'll lose that power".

I see it as the same here: if RMS tried to exert an inappropriate
level of control over some GNU project, it would soon be made clear that
that something he can't do.