Question on lto-stream-out
lizekun (A)
lizekun1@huawei.com
Thu Mar 26 13:00:05 GMT 2020
Thanks for replying!
I've dumped the lto stream-out file and noticed that constructors are streamed to
function_body.
Also, I noticed that, the binany which is generated when streaming constructors
to function_body has bigger size than the one's streaming to decls.
So, I wonder why we need to stream constructors to other section.
Best regards!
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Richard Biener [mailto:richard.guenther@gmail.com]
> Sent: 2020年3月26日 20:27
> To: lizekun (A) <lizekun1@huawei.com>
> Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
> Subject: Re: Question on lto-stream-out
>
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 12:01 PM lizekun (A) <lizekun1@huawei.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I have a question on function "get_symbol_initial_value" in lto-stream-
> out.c.
> >
> > When the initial value of symbol is constructor, it will be replaced by an
> error_mark.
> > What's the benefit of donging this? In some cases, it increases the size of
> binary.
>
> constructors are streamed into a separate section, the above just "marks"
> the variable that there is one available.
>
> > I would be grateful if anyone could help.
> >
> > Best regulars
More information about the Gcc
mailing list