Not usable email content encoding
Joseph Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com
Wed Mar 18 22:45:03 GMT 2020
On Wed, 18 Mar 2020, Jonathan Wakely via Gcc wrote:
> > Some git based projects are using gerrit.
>
> Which I looked into previously and decided I didn't like it. If I
> recall correctly, gerrit has to "own" the repo, and so it's only
The glibc experiment with gerrit worked without it owning the repo.
There were a few issues with email notifications that were addressed by
local patches to gerrit, and a few other such issues with email
interaction that didn't get addressed but looked like they could have been
- but nothing for which addressing it seemed unacceptable upstream or that
looked fatal to using gerrit without it owning the repo and (given some
fixes) working reasonably well with email (similarly well to Bugzilla, say
- sending email notifications to a list with sensible content, doing
something sensible with email replies).
--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com
More information about the Gcc
mailing list