SSA Question related to Dominator Trees

Nicholas Krause xerofoify@gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 20:20:00 GMT 2020

On 1/27/20 10:46 AM, Jeff Law wrote:
> On Mon, 2020-01-27 at 10:18 -0500, Nicholas Krause wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Sorry if this question has been asked before but do we extend out the
>> core tree type for SSA or
>> is there a actual dominator tree type. It seems to be we just extend or
>> override the core tree
>> type parameters but was unable to verify it by looking in the manual.
> There is no type or class for the dominator tree.  Having one would be
> useful.
>

> jeff
Jeff,
Thought so and the manual isn't very clear on all of the state used by
it and where,
so implementing a class may be tricky. After looking in ssa.h seems that
there are
four main header files for definitions:
gimple-ssa.h
tree-ssanames.h
tree-phinodes.h
ssa-iterators.h

I've not sure if there are other files lying around related to dom tree
walking but
I'm ccing Richard as he would know better than me where the other parts are.

It also makes sense to contain it if we want to make the domtrees and
SSA passes
multi threaded aware,
Nick