gcc-cvs mails for personal/vendor branches for merge commits

Joseph Myers joseph@codesourcery.com
Fri Jan 17 17:23:00 GMT 2020

On Fri, 17 Jan 2020, Joel Brobecker wrote:

> Would it be sufficient to say that some branches would only
> trigger a summary email, but not individual commit emails?

Maybe that will end up being appropriate for users / vendors branches, if
we can't effectively distinguish rebased commits from new ones.  But for
shared fast-forward-only development branches, I think the individual
commit emails are appropriate for commits new to the branch, while a
summary email is appropriate for merges to the branch.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com