gcc-cvs mails for personal/vendor branches for merge commits

Richard Earnshaw (lists) Richard.Earnshaw@arm.com
Wed Jan 15 19:21:00 GMT 2020

On 15/01/2020 16:30, Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Jan 2020, Jason Merrill wrote:

>> I think this is desirable.  gcc-cvs should only mail about changes to master
>> and release branches.
>
> I thinks commit mails for changes to all branches are desirable (including
> refs/heads/devel/ branches, including user and vendor branches) - but they
> should only be for changes that are new to the repository.  Existing
> practice in SVN was that all branches generated mails, we simply didn't
> have so many branches.

How about separate email list(s) for the vendor and personal spaces?  I
do think changes there should be visible, but perhaps fewer folk will be
interested in tracking them at the same level.

R.