gcc-cvs mails for personal/vendor branches for merge commits

Jason Merrill jason@redhat.com
Wed Jan 15 17:09:00 GMT 2020

On 1/15/20 11:30 AM, Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Jan 2020, Jason Merrill wrote:

>> I think this is desirable.  gcc-cvs should only mail about changes to master
>> and release branches.
>
> I thinks commit mails for changes to all branches are desirable (including
> refs/heads/devel/ branches, including user and vendor branches) - but they
> should only be for changes that are new to the repository.  Existing
> practice in SVN was that all branches generated mails, we simply didn't
> have so many branches.

User branches in particular are likely to be very messy in the git
world; in the old git mirror I would occasionally push a personal branch
with work-in-progress patches that aren't nicely organized.  Perhaps one
mail per push for those branches, rather than one per commit?

Jason