Fixing gcc git logs

Jerry jvdelisle@charter.net
Thu Jan 2 02:00:00 GMT 2020

In the following git log entry, I made a typo on the PR number in the
libgfortran ChangeLog file. I noticed this right after the git commit,
while editing the git log.

So I quit the edit without saving and git reported that the commit was
aborted.

Then I edited the my local ChangeLog file, did git add . and git commit
again.  In this case the git log edit started as usual and I recopied
the correct text into my editor (VI) and saved it. The commit proceeded
as I expected. Then I did the git svn dcommit

Well the git log ended up like this.  How to fix? How to avoid?

The 90274 should have been 90374. The actual committed files are OK.

Regards,

Jerry

commit 86e1d9f75bae096922664755d037f2a9d85e2a24 (HEAD -> trunk,
svn/trunk, origin/trunk, origin/master)
Author: jvdelisle <jvdelisle@138bc75d-0d04-0410-961f-82ee72b054a4>
Date:   Thu Jan 2 00:57:31 2020 +0000

     PR 90374 d0.d, e0.d, es0.d, en0.d, g0.d and ew.d edit descriptors.

             PR libfortran/90274
             * io/format.c (parse_format_list): Implement the E0 exponent
             width to provide smallest possible width for exponent fields.
             Refactor code for correct parsing and better readability of the
             code.
             * io/io.h (write_real_w0): Change interface to pass in pointer
             to fnode.
             * io/transfer.c: Update all calls to write_real_w0 to use the
             new interface.
             * io/write.c ((write_real_w0): Use the new interface with fnode
             to access both the decimal precision and exponent widths
used in
             build_float_string.
             * io/write_float.def (build_float_string): Use the passed in
             exponent width to calculate the used width in the case of E0.

     git-svn-id: svn+ssh://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/trunk@279828
138bc75d-0d04-0410-961f-82ee72b054a4