GCC Bugzilla (and other) timeouts

Martin Sebor msebor@gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 16:25:00 GMT 2020


On 2/26/20 1:32 AM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Feb 2020 at 18:25, Martin Sebor wrote:
>>
>> Bugzilla has been slow lately, and today to the point of timing out
>> (I see the same problem with Git).  This seems to be a recurring theme
>> around the time of a GCC release.  Is anyone else experiencing this
>> problem and if so, does anyone know what the cause it and an ETA for
>> a solution?  Is the upcoming hardware upgrade expected to solve it?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Martin
>>
>> $ git pull
>> Connection closed by 209.132.180.131 port 22
>> fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
>>
>> Please make sure you have the correct access rights
>> and the repository exists.
> 
> What URL are you using to pull? (git remote get-url origin)
> 

I use git+ssh (from our documentation):

   $ git remote get-url origin
   git+ssh://msebor@gcc.gnu.org/git/gcc.git

> Bugzilla and httpd are very slow, but I haven't had any git timeouts.
> If you're using anonymous access that gets throttled more aggressively
> than authenticated access (using git+ssh:// for the protocol).

Thanks for the confirmation.  Sounds like it's a known problem and
it's just a coincidence that it's happening again as we near a GCC
release.  I think I remember last year there was also a disk
problem, and ditto the year before then:
   https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2018-01/msg00125.html

Maybe we should proactively replace the disks every December ;-)

Martin



More information about the Gcc mailing list