Bug in closed-source, proprietary software that I do not have access to

Toon Moene toon@moene.org
Sat May 25 13:16:00 GMT 2019

On 5/25/19 2:52 PM, Thomas Koenig wrote:

> Hi,
>
> consider this: There is a bug, confirmed by several people. This occurs
> in closed-source, proprietary software, and appears to be due to one
> of my commits.
>
> Despite considerable help from somebody who has access to the source,
> and putting in quite a few (volunteer) hours myself, there is no
> test case.
>
> So, what to do? Close the PR as INVALID? This would be our standard
> policy, correct?
>
> FYI, the proprietary, closed-source software is SPEC, the corresponding
> PR is 90539, and the friendly helper is Martin Liska.

But the problem seems to be related to netcdf (your comment #22), which
is freely available (don't know off-hand which license).

Does the problem trigger with netcdf's own test programs ?

That would open a way to investigate.

--
Toon Moene - e-mail: toon@moene.org - phone: +31 346 214290
At home: http://moene.org/~toon/; weather: http://moene.org/~hirlam/