Writeup of Paralleling Work Still Outstanding

nick xerofoify@gmail.com
Sat May 18 18:11:00 GMT 2019

Richard,

It seems to be that it would be best to writeup the remaining work for paralleling
the compiler. I'm aware of most of it in the cgraph* files and others. However since
I don't have write privileges it will be impossible for me to do it. It seems that
the passes outside of the current expand_all_functions work are the GENERIC reading
of files up to the RTL layer including certain passes. RTL may not need it due to
most shared state being at the GENERIC and GIMPLE/pre RTL layers.

Regards,

Nick