[PowerPC 64]r12 is not updated to GEP when control transferred from virtual thunk function .

Eric Botcazou ebotcazou@adacore.com
Fri May 17 07:24:00 GMT 2019

> I do think so.  The call is locally, linker should know it's local and
> fix it up with local entry instead.  We don't need to keep r12 always
> hold the entry of being called function.

Yes, but on VxWorks in kernel mode you first do partial linking and then the
loader resolves the remaining relocations.  None of them plays the usual dance
with the local and global entry points implied by the ELFv2 ABI.

--
Eric Botcazou