[GSoC 2019]: Interested in "Make C/C++ not automatically promote memory_order_consume to memory_order_acquire"

akshatg akshatg@cse.iitb.ac.in
Mon Feb 18 20:35:00 GMT 2019

Hello all,

I am a 2nd year Master's student at IIT Bombay. The project "Make C/C++
not automatically promote memory_order_consume to memory_order_acquire"
caught my eye and I would like to be the part of it. I have taken
advance compiler courses in past semesters. I have already build gcc and
have gone through this document P0190R4:Proposal for New memory order
consume Definition
(http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2017/p0190r4.pdf).
Can anyone suggest some more prerequisites ?

Thanks,
Akshat Garg