Proposal for the transition timetable for the move to GIT

Segher Boessenkool segher@kernel.crashing.org
Sun Dec 29 23:13:00 GMT 2019

On Sun, Dec 29, 2019 at 11:00:08PM +0000, Joseph Myers wrote:
> fixups in bugdb.py - and that way benefit both from reposurgeon making
> choices that are as conservatively safe as possible, which seems a
> desirable property for problem cases that haven't been manually reviewed,

Problem cases that haven't been manually reviewed should *be* manually
reviewed, or the heuristics improved so there are fewer problem cases.

As I've said many many times now, we only have *one* repository to
convert here.  Taking shortcuts is *good*, making problems for ourselves
by pretending we do things more generically is *bad*.

Segher