Commit messages and the move to git

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 15:17:00 GMT 2019

On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 at 14:29, Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Dec 2019, Richard Earnshaw (lists) wrote:
>
> > Best of all would be a pull request on
> > https://gitlab.com/esr/gcc-conversion/tree/master to update bugdb.py directly.
>
> Note if doing that, it helps to check "Allow commits from members who can
> merge to the target branch." when creating the merge request (that allows
> using GitLab's automated rebasing when merging a merge request created
> against a revision of master that's no longer the most recent revision).

Done. https://gitlab.com/esr/gcc-conversion/merge_requests/25 fixes
(most of?) the most egregious ones, like fortran fixes with c++ PR
numbers and vice versa. Jakub and I have several whitelist commits
too, but I think they're all less critical (as mentioned previously,
most of them are unimportant differences like rtl-optimization vs
tree-optimization, or debug vs lto, or simply that  the Bugzilla
component has been changed since the commit was done and the commit
was actually right at the time).