Commit messages and the move to git

Joseph Myers joseph@codesourcery.com
Wed Dec 18 23:43:00 GMT 2019

On Mon, 18 Nov 2019, Richard Earnshaw (lists) wrote:

> I've attached a sample from the start of the fixed list - the full list is far
> too big to post to give a flavour of how the script currently works.  Note
> that annotations of the form [checkme: ....] in the summary are for diagnostic
> purposes.  These are where heuristics suggest that there's a higher than
> normal chance that the PR number is incorrect and that manual auditing is
> recommended.  Such annotations would not be appropriate in the final
> conversion.

Concretely, here is the current list of 664 checkme: annotations where
something was suspicious about the PR number (either component mismatch or
resolved as INVALID).  Would some people like to volunteer to pick up
sections of this list and, for their section, produce a list of SVN
revisions (at the end of the checkme line) for which the PR number appears
to be correct, and a list of mappings from SVN revision to correct PR
number when the PR number appears to be wrong?  For any that don't get
reviewed like that we can easily make the script, for the final
conversion, decline to add a new summary line for any commit where the PR
number is suspicious.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com