How to get GCC on par with ICC?

Dmitry Mikushin dmitry@kernelgen.org
Wed Jun 6 18:31:00 GMT 2018

Dear Paul,

The opinion you've mentioned is common in scientific community. However, in
more detail it often surfaces that the used set of GCC compiler options
simply does not correspond to that "fast" version of Intel. For instance,
when you do "-O3" for Intel it actually corresponds to (at least) "-O3
-ffast-math -march=native" of GCC. Omitting "-ffast-math" obviously
introduces significant performance gap.

Kind regards,
- Dmitry Mikushin | Applied Parallel Computing LLC |
https://parallel-computing.pro