[RFC] Adding Python as a possible language and it's usage
Eric Gallager
egall@gwmail.gwu.edu
Thu Jul 19 16:12:00 GMT 2018
On 7/19/18, Jeff Law <law@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 07/18/2018 03:28 PM, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 11:51:36AM +0200, Richard Biener wrote:
>>> We already conditionally require Perl for building for some targets so I
>>> wonder
>>> if using perl would be better ...
>>
>> At least perl is GPL (Python is not).
>>
>>
>> What would the advantage of using Python be? I haven't heard any yet.
>> Awk may be a bit clunky but at least it is easily readable for anyone.
> I've found python *far* easier to read than awk. And you can actually
> run a debugger on your python code to see what it's doing.
> Jeff
>
gawk comes with a debugger, too:
https://www.gnu.org/software/gawk/manual/html_node/Debugger.html
More information about the Gcc
mailing list