Target maintainers: doc/install.texi love and care
Gerald Pfeifer
gerald@pfeifer.com
Mon Mar 13 08:59:00 GMT 2017
Hi Palmer,
On Sun, 12 Mar 2017, Palmer Dabbelt wrote:
> I looked at our stuff (RISC-V) and there's almost nothing in there.
> Is there something I should add? I looked at the aarch64 stuff in the
> "host/target specific issues start here" section and there's some notes
> about binutils-2.24. We'll require binutils-2.28 (the first version that
> we're upstream in), I can add a note in that section about RISC-V as
> well if you think it's appropriate.
I am generally a fan of keeping documentation short (lest it is
skipped or skimmed), but as long as necessary.
In your case I don't think artificially blowing up the section on RISC-V
to match others would be helpful. However, given that binutils 2.28 is
so brand new, that I'd definitely mention.
(My proposals/patches yesterday are about removing references to ten
year old versions of binutils from install.texi, quite the other end
of the spectrum.)
Gerald
More information about the Gcc
mailing list