November 2016 GNU Toolchain Update

Gerald Pfeifer gerald@pfeifer.com
Sun Mar 12 22:10:00 GMT 2017

On Tue, 15 Nov 2016, Nick Clifton wrote:
> That's all for now.  Hopefully the next update will be a bit sooner in
> arriving.

Thanks for that update, Nick.  Surely interesting reading.
Are you planning another update for March or so? ;-)

On Wed, 16 Nov 2016, Joseph Myers wrote:
> Many of the GCC features listed here are not mentioned in
> gcc-7/changes.html.  We all need to expand that to be more thorough in
> covering features that are new in GCC 7 compared to GCC 6.

In the meantime there have been many additions to gcc-7/changes.html,
and I believe except for

    + -Wbool-operation warns about suspicious operations on
      expressions of a boolean type.  For instance, bitwise negation
      of a boolean is very likely a bug in the program.  For C, this
      warning also warns about incrementing or decrementing a boolean,
      which rarely makes sense.

everything should be more or less covered now.

Still, additions very welcome, guys.  Let me know if you need help.

Gerald