Hi! New to GCC

Mikhail Maltsev maltsevm@gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 15:56:00 GMT 2016

On 01/09/2016 06:10 PM, Prasad Ghangal wrote:
> Hi,
> I am Prasad Ghangal, a BTech student and I really want to contribute
> in gcc, but I am new to open source community.
> I can code in C,C++ and know little python. I have successfully built
> gcc on my local machine as instructed.
>
> So can someone please help me getting started?

Hi!

Here is a list of first steps to start with:
https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GettingStarted

Also, you might want to take a look at these video lectures:
https://www.cse.iitb.ac.in/grc/index.php?page=videos, they are slightly outdated
(~2012), but still give a good overview of GCC internals.

There is a list of bugs and enhancement requests, which were marked by GCC
developers as "easy hacks", i.e. something that should be easy enough for new
contributors to start with:
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?keywords=easyhack&list_id=135581&resolution=---

--
Regards,