GCC 6.0.1 Status Report (2016-04-15)

Jeff Law law@redhat.com
Fri Apr 15 15:12:00 GMT 2016

On 04/15/2016 09:10 AM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> Status
> ======
>
> We have reached zero P1 regressions today (and < 100 important
> regressions) and the branches/gcc-6-branch has been created;
> and GCC 6.1-rc1 will be built and announced soon.
> The branch is now frozen for blocking regressions and documentation
> fixes only, all changes to the branch require a RM approval now.
>
> If no show stoppers appear, I'd like to release 6.1 late next week,
> or soon after that, if any important issues are discovered and
> fixed, rc2 could be released next week.
The only issue I'm aware of that I think must be fixed for gcc-6 is the
protected symbol visibility problem.  I've got a good summary from Alan
and Cary and just need to file the report.  I'll get that done today.
In theory, fixing is "just" a matter of reverting a change from about
this time last year and any follow-ups.

jeff