Would like to make one version of is_too_expensive in gcse.c and cprop.c
Jeff Law
law@redhat.com
Wed Nov 11 07:51:00 GMT 2015
On 11/10/2015 07:46 PM, Bradley Lucier wrote:
> The routines declared as
>
> static bool
> is_too_expensive (const char *pass)
>
> in both cprop.c and gcse.c are identical except for two comment lines.
>
> I'd like to modify is_too_expensive, which implied to me that there
> should be only one copy of the routine.
>
> Would it be reasonable to add an extern declaration of is_too_expensive
> (with perhaps a more descriptive name) in gcse.h, remove the static
> declaration from gcse.c, include gcse.h in cprop.c?
>
> (I realize this is a very simple question for regular C programmers, but
> I'm not a regular C programmer, sorry).
Yes, this would be fine. In fact, removing duplicates of this nature is
a good thing.
jeff
More information about the Gcc
mailing list